What We Believe
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons or personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. Christians are to seek to live under His daily control.
- The Bible is God's Word to us. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error.
- People are made in the image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God's creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin." This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life.
- Salvation is God's free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin's penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and seek Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
- People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin and go to Hell, or live eternally with God and experience the blessings of joy in Heaven. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.
Baptism & The Lord's Supper
- Both Baptism and the Lord's Supper were instituted by Jesus Christ and serve as visible reminders of the work accomplished on our behalf by Him. The Bible commands all Christians to be baptized by immersion and to remember the atoning work of Jesus Christ through observing the Lord’s Supper.